Yesterday, I returned to my natural light box (back door) and began my tracings of the applique pieces to the "Amish Pumpkin" fall wall hanging next in line to completed. It was a little complicated since the pattern was on both sides of the paper. I'm all for saving paper, but, maybe they could have used a thicker sheet so the pattern from the back didn't shine through.
Teddy Bears in the Country - Boyds Bear Country
Tuesday, we went to Gettysburg, PA. I wanted to go to the town square, the outlets, a quilt shop and oh OK, I'll stop by the Boyds Bear Country shop. We were under a time limit since hubby needed to be home in time to go to a concert he surprised his mom with tickets. So, lots to do in limited time.
First stop, Boyds Bear Country. It's a couple miles off route 15. It was the most beautiful location for Fall colors I have seen yet. Not to mention, they say the worlds largest teddy bear shop. It was unbelievable. Just fun and beautiful. 3 floors of collectibles and bears. I walked out with a bear for mom (who we will be visiting this weekend) and a small bear for our home. Here are our favorite photos. They don't do the place justice. Click on them for a better view.
Then on to Gettysburg to walk around town. We took our time and walked all around the square to the shops. Here are two photos from the town. We'll go back to do some tours. I saw one for a ghost tour of Gettysburg, sounded interesting.
By this time we were limited on time. Last stops, quilt shop or outlets to buy hubby a new pair of sneakers. Sad to say, the outlet won out. Thanks for the quilt shop name Michelle, I'll get there someday. So, off to the outlets for a nice walk and shopping. Hubby got the sneakers he wanted and we got home in time for him to pick up his mom (& dad too) to make it to Hershey, PA for the concert.
I received an email from Valerie from Life's Little Garden blog that I've been tagged. Hmm, what's this, I've never been tagged before. The rules state to share 7 random and or weird facts about yourself and then to tag 7 people. OK, here goes....
1. I live in a Zoo - I live with two spoiled female Yorkshire terriers, An African Grey Parrot, and a Parrotlett bird. Oh yeah, don't forget hubby :-)
2. Met hubby on a blind Date - Yep, they work. We got engaged 3 months later and married 8 months after we met. 17 years later, I'm still crazy about him. Then, the girl that introduced us married my husband's twin... hmmm
3. I'm an early bird- I like to get up early so that I can read the news on the Internet and review blogs before I start work. When I say early, I mean 4:00 am. Gives me enough time to putz around before having to get to work.
4. I'm a Craft Supply Shopaholic - There, I said it. It's the first step towards recovery I hear.
5. I'll be working the rest of my life - After being on vacation and being able to spend time looking at my 401k, I've come the realization that with today's economy and stock market drop as reflected in my 401k... I'll probably be working for the rest of my life. :-(
6. I love anything wing related - I obviously like butterflies but I also like Pegasus, angels, fairies...etc... you get the picture.
7. Internet junkie - I love the Internet! I love having my own library at the tip of my fingers. I could spend hours learning new things.
Here are the blogs that I like to read (OK just some of them) and who I'll be sending the tag to via emails.