I'm off to a good start on the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt. I chose the fabric I'm going to be using. I decided upon a batch of fabric that I had in a nice range of colors. Here it turns out that the fabric is Thimbleberries fabric from multiple years. I can't even remember where I purchased the grouping I have had it for a couple of years so I think it's perfect! I may need to search for a little more blue Thimbleberries fabric to add more variety there.
I also decided that I would stay in the 6" block size. The first two blocks I completed are the Kitchen Woodbox (54) page 17 and the Attic Windows (1) page 128. I started out going from the front of the book only to realize the blocks that are not in order. So I changed my process to start with block number 1 and I'll try and go in order.
Of course it has been a while since I paper pieced. I forgot that there is a faint 1/4 inch seam around the block you are to leave when you cut the sides. I did not on block number 54. So I had to add back some fabric on the Kitchen Woodbox. So, that's why mine is a little different.
Thanks for stopping by!