Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Finally Cut and an End to Go Static

Maybe it's just me, but the Go Cutting Mat generates such a static charge when I use it multiple times that I end up shocking myself with a zap when I use the cutter multiple times.  I finally figured out a way to avoid the shocks.  I used to spray with static cling on occasion which worked.  However, now I just wipe the cutting mat with a fabric softener sheet before I setup with my next cut.  Works like a charm.

I'm finally feeling well enough to get back to working on a quilt for Christmas. This week of a cold really set me back. I finally got the clothing items cut up for the quilt.  This time I chose to complete the cuts using the 5" square die instead of by hand.  I still had to do a lot of pre-cutting of the fabric but it only took me about 4 hours to cut down all these squares.  I'm happy with the results.  Just one more item to cut (the purple) and then it's time to layout the quilt and get sewing!

Before   
After Cuts

Thanks for stopping by!  
~*~Trish~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment