I finished my backing blocks insert yesterday. I decided to do two rows of ribbons. It gave me an insert about 15" high. I think I will only need one strip of backing fabric split on the top and bottom of the insert to cover the 50" in height of the quilt.
I added one more column on the side of the insert to add one more vertical ribbon look. It finished the layout for me. However, adding a new column to a tumbler die layout was a little tricky. I had to remove the previous plain column and insert a column with the vertical stripes and then add back the plain column. I would not advise doing that again. But in the end, I'm happy with how it turned out.
Hopefully today, I'll finish up the complete backing.
Thanks for stopping by!