I've been experimenting with my excess border scraps on my Hunter's Star quilt. I want to add some blocks to the back of the quilt. I find that adding blocks to the back of the quilt helps to be able to reposition the backing fabric to not have to use as much. I could have very easily used square blocks or the same 3 strip border on the backing. But, I wanted to try out something different and I had my my new smaller tumbler die sitting by.
I positioned the border scraps over each of the tumblers and cut out the blocks with the white strip in the middle. I did both vertical and horizontal stripe cutouts. There was even less scraps when I took the time and positioned the next cut "just right"
Here's what I have so far. I know that it will be horizontal on the backing. I may need to stitch up a few more strips to match the border so that I can add more blocks. However, so far, so good. The mini tumbler blocks went together very fast.
Thanks for stopping by!