COLOR LAYOUT FOR QUILT
It may look complicated but it really is only made up of 3 types of blocks below. Each of the blocks have the size of AccuQuilt Go die used. 1/2" ST = 1/2" Half Square Finished Triangle Die (Item 55319), 3" ST = 3" Half Square Finished Triangle Die (55009), 3.5" Square = Square 3.5" die (55006), and 3"TIS = 3" Triangles in Square Finished Die (55027)
LINK TO BLOCK ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS
** Please note, the instructions are for a full Storm at Sea Quilt. But, it shows you how to assemble the 3 blocks above. You only need to complete the blocks in the full wall hanging image above. If this is too confusing, please feel free to contact me.
- The pattern is available for free download from the AccuQuilt Site here --> http://www.accuquilt.com/go-storm-at-sea-pattern-free.html
MY EQ7 PATTERN DOWNLOAD
I use mediafire.com for my downloads. Below is a link to the EQ7 file. The file will assist to create the quilt if you need to rotary cut the pieces instead of using your AccuQuilt Go. Or, you will have your own quilt to try different color choices.
- My 3 borders used were cut at 1" wide white fabric, 1.5" wide pink fabric, and 1" wide red fabric. The length of the strips is usually around 26" to cover the 24" square center. However, I like to have mine longer and then I cut off the excess.
- Some of the joined pieces produce a lot of bulk on these quilts. Next time, I'll iron as I go to try and minimize sewing through bigger bulk
- In some of the areas, 4 Finished 1/2 square triangles come together in the same color. I would think I should be able to replace these with 2.5" squares instead.
- Next time, I may embroider a design on the 3.5" squares first, then cut them out and add to the quilt. It would be easier than thinking about adding after the top is assembled.
- Make sure you have enough Triangles in Square pieces cut going in both directions. I found that I needed to go back to cutting to get more of a certain direction.
- Don't be a perfectionist. If you have a pucker or bump, leave it in. It only adds character. I can see about 3 or 4 areas where mine don't match up.
- Most of all, have fun. Be sure to contact me with any questions and I'll help where I can!
MY FINISHED WALL HANGING TOP
Thanks for stopping by!