Sunday, July 29, 2012

Adding Flowers to the Mix

I've been wanting to make fabric flower as embellishments to something for a while now.   I tried several different versions and finally settled on the half circle for each petal version.  I made a prototype and now I can move forward with finishing one completely.  I may do two layers, one with larger dark petals for the background and then one white to layer over the top. 

Here's the prototyped version added to the quilt in the bottom left.  This is helping to hide the visible spot where the seams do not line up.  The button I chose was too big for the prototype but I'll now be on the hunt for that special button!  Note, it's a little off-centered in the temporary placement on the quilt.






Thanks for stopping by!
 ~*~Trish~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment