As soon as I finished the Christmas Present Quilt, I decided I wanted to try and squeeze in a Halloween Quilt. I order 20 fat quarters off of eBay in a Halloween theme. When they came, I didn't realize all the brightly colored patterns were more of a children's theme. I was determined to use them.
I used my AccuQuilt Go and the 6.5 inch tumbler. I was able to cut 6 of each out of each pattern and I have a lot of scraps left over for a pillow or to place on the back of the quilt. In one day, I cut out all of the tumbler blocks cut out. The hardest part was organizing the blocks in a random pattern lol. I could have done a better job but I got tired of rearranging them.
So, here are two strips started. As I finished up all of the rows sewn together, I figured there was too many bright colors so I decided to add some black and orange rows to break up the many colors.
It's hard to see the sides since I trimmed the photo so closely. All that was left to complete was the top and bottom borders and I finished those today! So now I have a finished Halloween quilt. I was hoping to have it added to the quilting machine before the end of the month. But, happily I have a vacation coming up and the ocean is calling me! So one less week to sew... stay tuned.
Thanks for stopping by!