- It takes a lot of them to hold the binding. I placed one about ever 2" So you'll probably need to buy multiple sets.
- If you open them with too much force, the spring mechanism breaks or stretches so they don't hold anymore.
- It's hard to move the quilt around with all those clips on it. They get caught on things.
- I still had to go back and resew a couple areas where the binding wasn't caught on the back. Good thing was that this was black binding on back backing.. you can't see the resew areas.
- Taking them off is a little slower than other type clips I've used.
- Amazon has them on sale for about $11 for 50 clips.
- They hold the binding a lot better in place than trying to sew on binding without them.
- Hey, 90% accuracy is great in my book when it comes to binding.
- Sewing went slow but it was a heck of a lot faster than hand sewing the binding to the back.
- It only took me maybe 20-25 minutes to finish a 60 x 80 quilt.
- I'll definitely use them again when I want to machine sew a binding on.
and here's the finished binding.
Now on to quilting the Christmas Present Quilt with a Christmas Present Panto I created.
Thanks for stopping by!