Yesterday I spent a little bit of time trimming all the newly completed string quilt blocks I had completed. I then threw them together rather quickly with the others to see how many more I have left to do. If I want to make the 8 blocks by 10 blocks size I want, I have 33 blocks to go. I think if I ever complete another string quilt, it definitely will not be as small of strips as those I have been using. I will also not use as small of blocks (6.5" blocks) as I have been using. But, little by little, I'm getting there. However, let's not forget, I have all that paper to remove from the blocks as well. Bummer.
But, one thing at a time. I am determined to finish this quilt this year! Here's what I have so far now. I wish the colors would photograph better. It's not as dark as it seems. When it's time to assemble the blocks, I'll spend a lot more time evening out the colors in the blocks. But, not too bad for a pack of fat quarters I never thought I would use.
Thanks for stopping by!